Skip to main content

Review: Asuka plugsuit / Andromeda Latex

In the year 2016 I was lucky enough to get a slot from Andromeda Latex for commission of latex Asuka plugsuit. I was really anxious as I knew that this opportunity would be really rare but the costume wouldn't be cheap. I had always dreamed to get an Asuka plugsuit that would be perfect. Nothing like those poor ones around everywhere in cheap internet stores. I made a decision and asked for a commission. I got one.


Asuka Langley Soryu meets Finland.
Costume: Andromeda Latex.
Model: Senshi.
Photo: Tigrita.

The system of Andromeda Latex is based on commissions and slots for them. People get a picture of manufacturer that is almost always booked full and rarely has any slots open. After all this is understandable because unique and high-quality costumes aren't anything like some mass-producted garments. Luckily sometimes one can notice an open slot that is announced on the website or social media channels.

The commission and communicating are done with email. This works very well and interaction is smooth. Options of payment are agreed with manufacturer beforehand. If I remember right there was a small part of advance payment straight away and the rest of the price had to be paid on certain agreed day.

After making a commission and agreeing payment options comes the measurements. The responsibility of measuring lays on the customer. The customer has to make sure that measures are very accurate. I recommend taking the measures with another, local tailor or at least with other helper.

The tailor keeps contact with customer actively. Measurements are carefully checked and tailor will double-check the measures if there's any doubt about correctness.

T
he commission was quite quick work considering the demanding work. In my case it took only one month when the suit was ready and shipped.


The packaging of the costume (Photo by Andromeda Latex).

Shipment is fast and the packaging is done well. The tailor keeps contact with customer as long as needed. In my case I received some pictures of the costume in advance and notes when the shipment was done.

Andromeda Latex provided even some extra gloves along the costume as they are aware about fragileness of latex. Spare gloves are really great thing so there's no need to be worried if one pair is damaged. I got gloves in two different sizes so the fitting was guaranteed that way.


Backpack part, bracelets and extra gloves for the costume (Photo by Andromeda Latex).

Dressing the suit is very hard. Wearer must have lots of silicone dressing aid so the costume could slide on. Especially legs and arms need lots of lube. Legs can be dressed alone but arms are hard and helper is strongly recommended when pulling sleeves on. Dressing should be done with no rush and very slowly as the latex is fragile and hard pulling can break the costume. When the shoulder parts are up the back zipper need a helper. Also the backpack needs a helper. It is attached on the costume by snap fasteners. Last parts are gloves and bracelets.

The costume fits like a glove. It's easy to see that it has been made very accurately in the meaning to fit perfectly. There are some risks on this too because if the measures you've taken are even a bit too small the suit can become uncomfortable to wear. In my case the suit is perfectly fit but the hard and thick shoulder parts presses shoulders causing some aching after wearing few hours. Some kind of shoulder pads could be of help in a long wearing.

One major thing to notice about functionality: There's no easy way to do your business when there's a time to visit the water closet. You will need help as the whole suit must be undressed. Yeah, this costume is for those who really want to use it despite some challenges.

Latex fabric is of good quality and the colors are pretty. There are many nice details on the costume that I can just guess how they might have been made. Design is very accurate. The whole suit is made of latex. There are even some thicker parts that give you a look of 3D-detailing.


There are challenges with the hard and soft latex combined. One possible damage pictured from outer side of suit. The inner hard and edged part has worn out soft latex and the pulling when wearing the suit creates a risk of breaking.


There are challenges with the hard and soft latex combined. One possible damage pictured from inner side of suit. The inner hard and edged part has worn out soft latex and the pulling when wearing the suit creates a risk of breaking. As you can see there's already some repairing done on the left of the damage.

One really big challenge is the lifetime of the suit. Maintaining the suit is hard. You should always have silicone all over the suit so the latex won't get dry. I recommend only water washing without detergents. Even if the suit is maintained carefully there might come challenges with some parts. There are thick and hard latex parts combined with thin and fragile latex fabric. Hard parts have quite sharp edges that can grind the thin parts and there is a risk of breaking. You can see one of the challenges on the picture above. In the pictures case the thick breast part has grinded the thin part and as the suit is really fit there is some pulling on the breast and shoulder parts. This can wear the edges out and wearer has to be really conscious about possible damages before they snap and tear the suit totally. Always check the edges, armpits, shoulders and breasts before and after using. And always have a repairing glue in your home.



Asuka plugsuit costume (Photo by thome).

Despite the negative sides this costume is a piece of art. It always turns heads wherever it is worn. If someone dreams dressing in Asuka plugsuit there are other options of course that are way easier and more comfort. But if the lube and a bit difficult costume are no problem this is a costume that is truly unique. No fabric can copy the look of shiny and fitting latex. This costume is for true latex and/or cosplay lovers who can afford an expensive but truly stellar outfit.



Clothing:
Asuka plugsuit

Origin:
Anime serie "Neon Genesis Evangelion"

Fabric:
Latex

Manufacturer / Tailor:
Andromeda Latex

Price:
Approximately 2300 €    (in year 2016)

Manufacturing time:
Approximately 1 month




The look:
5/5

Fabric quality:
5/5

Durability and lifetime: 
3/5

Quality-Price ratio: 
4/5

Service: 
5/5

Measurements:

5/5

Overall rating: 
5/5


Briefly:
Andromeda Latex has a selection of unbelievable and beautiful latex costumes. I could say that it is a manufacturer that stands alone on its own stellar category as I haven't seen any other manufacturer doing anything comparable. Asuka plugsuit is one of the masterpieces and it is beautiful, fit, detailed and loyal to original costume on the anime. Dressing is difficult but the look of the suit is amazing. The only unsatisfying thing on the costume is that it isn't everlasting. Latex is a fragile fabric and wearer will see this after some time and costume using. This gives some challenges with the lifetime of the suit and some reinforcing and fixing might be inevitable. Nevertheless this Asuka suit is an outstanding masterpiece that is definitely worth of consideration. 

Notifications:
Andromeda Latex has very limited capacity to take orders. One wishing to place a commission has to follow actively company website and social media to notice if there will be any slots available for commissions.

Sponsored review?
No.

Links:
http://andromeda-latex.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Asuka Langley Soryu in latex costume

I have noticed that most interesting thing in my photos and in my blog has been my Asuka Langley Soryu costume (by Andromeda Latex). Because I have felt that some people would like to see me doing only Asuka cosplay and posing in pictures with the costume I decided to write something about the costume. I also tell why I don't do only Asuka cosplay and why I do it quite rarely. I noticed that there hasn't been very much photos of the suit on my blog after my old review so I decided to put some photos here from the past years. I hope it covers some demand of seeing more about the suit as well as telling a bit more about experiences with it. I have cosplayed Asuka very rarely. It's not that I wouldn't like to do it but there are many reasons which I tell later on this article. General thoughts and some history of my Asuka costume Being Asuka feels fun. Well, I'm not a performer or actor so "being" sounds a bit too much. Let's just say that I love the look

Movies: Rubbers Ou Onna (Japan, 2010)

It was many years back when I found a mention about this movie on some website. There was a sho rt br iefing about the movie and it said the movie tells about a young woman who ha s a latex fetish . Of course I got interested about the movie and trie d to get i t in my hands as soon as possible. I had my prejudices regarding t he movie. Always when I had heard about a woman and latex clothing being in same movie it had been a fetish sex film or some short scene in a movie where some sexy bimbo wears PVC pants and makes i t excessive and a joke. I was very happy to find out that this movie wasn't a joke. It w as exactly what I had wished for a long time. Rubbers ou onna movie cover. Rubbers Ou Onna (also sometimes: "Rabâzu: Oou onna") is a japanese movie from year 2010. It's in japanese language. I didn't have an opportunity to watch the movie with subti tles or dub. Therefore my review is based on my own feelings and to things I saw in the movie. So