Skip to main content

Review: Cyber Goth raver outfit / Latex by Tiina Rikala

I had planned to have a latex rave outfit for few years. I thought these two themes would go great together. I had been close to making a commission to a tailor but because of some setbacks it took its time. Finally I had my chance with my partner Tigrita who was excited about the idea too. So we planned the costumes in cooperation with one friend and the tailor and got ourselves unique and special outfits. Here's my experience about my one.




My costume was designed and planned totally by a tailor Latex by Tiina Rikala that operates in Finland. She has a long history with making special clothing and outfits. If I have a unique idea about a latex costume or clothing it is highly probable I contact her. After all there are only limited number of designers who make custom orders and still it's even more rare in Finland.

I gave Tiina quite free hands in planning the costume. When we met I just made few wishes for the costume. I wanted the costume forming from rave trousers with big pockets on thighs and from tight T-shirt. I also wanted accessories that were half gloves and a face mask. Tiina discussed more about her ideas on details and then we took some measures.




The colors I wanted were black and red. I and Tigrita were really interested about UV-latex and if it would look good in the costumes. We didn't have any experience earlier except one time when I saw the material on GFB Fetish Fair. Then it was too bright to see UV-latex working properly. This time I had negotiated with YummyGummy Latex about sample pieces and luckily we got two pieces via mail. So we brought the pieces to Tiina and we tested them in a dark room with an UV-light. The sight was really stunning as the UV-latex was shining really brightly. We instantly decided to make our costumes with UV-latex decorations and so we paid a little extra to get more UV-latex from YummyGummy Latex.





After the meeting we just waited the costumes to be produced. When the work was coming to homestretch we visited Tiina once again to try on the costumes. So we could ensure the measures were good and correct. After that there were only some finishing and then the costumes were sent to us. The costumes were done in the asked schedule.

Both outfits turned out to be really fit, comfortable and they looked epic! My costume consisted of tight T-shirt with decorations and UV-latex and of loose rave trousers with pockets, decorations, decorative belts and UV-latex. Accessories were half mask with decorations and two bands around the head and half gloves with decorative designs. All the decorations and details were amazing and Tiina had a really good eye placing UV-latex to decorations. She also used some amount of patterned latex sheet that gave some detailing to costume in addition with UV-latex.




The costume is really functional comparing to most of the latex clothes. Big pockets on the trousers allows me to carry items with me and I don't need a separate bag. There are also a possibility to wear a belt with the trousers. The outfit is easy to dress on and off. Only thing that needs a bit help is the back zipper of T-shirt.




The UV-latex works fantastically. Tiina had an idea to put some white latex under the UV-latex so it allows the effect to look even more bright.

One negative thing was that the pockets' seams gave up after few uses. The corners of the pockets were glues in a way that there was some tension on them all the time. I guess the glue gave up because of tension when wearing the trousers and because of silicone polishing that lubricated the seam. Nevertheless I think those can be fixed with a little effort.

This was a great project and the outfit is great. I wish I'll have many opportunities to show it around in the events and pictures =)


Clothing:
Cyber Goth raver outfit


Origin:
Custom work, original and unique

Fabric:

Latex


Manufacturer / Tailor:
Latex by Tiina Rikala

Price:
Approximately 400 € (including UV-latex costs)    (in year 2018)

Manufacturing time:
Approximately 2 months (but time may vary - most important is that Tiina always completes her works within the agreed deadline)


The look:
5/5

Fabric quality:
5/5

Durability and lifetime: 
4/5

Quality-Price ratio: 
4/5

Service: 
5/5

Measurements:
5/5

Overall rating: 
5/5


Briefly:
Latex by Tiina Rikala is operated by Tiina alone. She is more of a personal tailor making custom commissions than a mass manufacturer with lots of similar products. You can wish for something unique and special or something ordinary piece of clothing but she'll make the garment just for you as you wish it.

Tiina has lots of creativity and talents as we can see with this costume too. The design is awesome and there are lots of details on the clothes. The tailoring has been done well and the garments fit perfectly. The outfit is functional and easy to dress. There might be some challenges with the lifetime as there are some special designs on the costume. Latex is a challenging fabric on some cases as I told about the pockets issue. The quality of the fabrics is good and it can be seen that Tiina doesn't use old latex that could have stains or fragility. Actually often Tiina orders materials for your suit after you've placed your order so the quality will be good.

This Cyber Goth Raver outfit is a piece of art. It looks amazing and is functional too. I'm really satisfied with this work and look forward to cooperate with Tiina again!



Notifications:
It is highly recommended that you are able to visit Tiina to get the accurate measures. Other way is to get your measures with a help of your local tailor and send the results to Tiina after that.

CyberLox headwear and the contact lenses on the pictures wasn't part of the costume project with Tiina. I searched them from other stores.

Sponsored review?
No.

Links:

Latex by Tiina Rikala

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Asuka plugsuit / Andromeda Latex

In the year 2016 I was lucky enough to get a slot from Andromeda Latex for commission of latex Asuka plugsuit. I was really anxious as I knew that this opportunity would be really rare but the costume wouldn't be cheap. I had always dreamed to get an Asuka plugsuit that would be perfect. Nothing like those poor ones around everywhere in cheap internet stores. I made a decision and asked for a commission. I got one. Asuka Langley Soryu meets Finland. Costume: Andromeda Latex. Model: Senshi. Photo: Tigrita. The system of Andromeda Latex is based on commissions and slots for them. People get a picture of manufacturer that is almost always booked full and rarely has any slots open. After all this is understandable because unique and high-quality costumes aren't anything like some mass-producted garments. Luckily sometimes one can notice an open slot that is announced on the website or social media channels. The commission and communicating are done with email. Thi

Being Asuka Langley Soryu in latex costume

I have noticed that most interesting thing in my photos and in my blog has been my Asuka Langley Soryu costume (by Andromeda Latex). Because I have felt that some people would like to see me doing only Asuka cosplay and posing in pictures with the costume I decided to write something about the costume. I also tell why I don't do only Asuka cosplay and why I do it quite rarely. I noticed that there hasn't been very much photos of the suit on my blog after my old review so I decided to put some photos here from the past years. I hope it covers some demand of seeing more about the suit as well as telling a bit more about experiences with it. I have cosplayed Asuka very rarely. It's not that I wouldn't like to do it but there are many reasons which I tell later on this article. General thoughts and some history of my Asuka costume Being Asuka feels fun. Well, I'm not a performer or actor so "being" sounds a bit too much. Let's just say that I love the look

Movies: Rubbers Ou Onna (Japan, 2010)

It was many years back when I found a mention about this movie on some website. There was a sho rt br iefing about the movie and it said the movie tells about a young woman who ha s a latex fetish . Of course I got interested about the movie and trie d to get i t in my hands as soon as possible. I had my prejudices regarding t he movie. Always when I had heard about a woman and latex clothing being in same movie it had been a fetish sex film or some short scene in a movie where some sexy bimbo wears PVC pants and makes i t excessive and a joke. I was very happy to find out that this movie wasn't a joke. It w as exactly what I had wished for a long time. Rubbers ou onna movie cover. Rubbers Ou Onna (also sometimes: "Rabâzu: Oou onna") is a japanese movie from year 2010. It's in japanese language. I didn't have an opportunity to watch the movie with subti tles or dub. Therefore my review is based on my own feelings and to things I saw in the movie. So