Skip to main content

Comparing different shiny clothes and fabrics

There are many different clothes and fabrics that can be someones fetish. Most common ones can be the ones you see around in everyday life. Most women can admire mens suits. Most men can admire tight leggings. These of course can be fetishes too if they make the one wearing them to feel superior, sexy and confident or the one watching them to feel excitement, attraction and seductiveness. On this short article I take a look onto clothes and fabrics that are quite common fetishes in kinky scene but not common in everyday life.

Latex, Rubber

On the picture is a latex top that hasn't been shined. As we can see the whole garment is made of latex rubber only.

Here's another picture of the top. As we can see the inner side doesn't have any traditional fabric attached so it's still latex rubber that is going against the skin. Using latex garments may share opinions as everyone don't like to dress pure latex against the skin.

 
Latex fabric is a thin sheet of rubber. Latex is the most figure-hugging and shiny fabric of all if you ask me. Basically latex clothing is only thin rubber and plausible zippers or fasteners. It is similar material that you can see in latex condoms or party balloons. It is pretty durable material and endures some pulling and stretching. But latex is also most vulnerable material because even a tiniest hole or fracture can tear the garment in seconds. You can imagine a balloon that you have blown and you poke it with a needle. That's why latex clothing needs very careful treatment and wear.

Latex clothes are made by moulding or more commonly they are glued from parts. When tailor glues clothes from parts it gives clothing a better fit.

Latex is a fabric that shares opinions. Some people dislike it because after all you have to wear rubber against your skin. There is no other layer, just that thin rubber. Some people don't mind it and some people just love the feeling of latex against their skin. There is of course major friction between latex and skin so there has to be dressing aid involved. People use two kinds of dressing aid: talcum powder or silicone lubricant. It is up to everyone to pick their personal favorite. Either way it's a little bit messy project. There's a saying that rhymes in Finland and translated it is something like: "Latex garment is a principle". It means that someone who wears latex is really willing to wear it  =) 



PVC, Vinyl


A pair of PVC leggings. The surface is really shiny and doesn't need separate shining. The fit can be tight or loose but the fabric isn't as elastic as lycra, spandex, polyester, elastane etc.

PVC is fabric that is coated with PVC plastic. The inner side is traditional fabric and comfortable against the skin.

PVC is the most common one when someone wants to dress on really shiny clothing but doesn't require superior figure-hugging fit. PVC clothing is plastic coated fabric that has more traditional fabric underneath it to make wearing clothes more comfortable. The shine of the fabric is really beautiful. PVC clothes aren't so popular anymore but they can be seen sometimes on different artists and gothic people. Nowadays there have also been some PVC leggings on the regular stores as there are markets for shiny leggings and sometimes people demand very shiny fabrics. Some cosplayers also likes to use PVC because of its shining. PVC isn't very stretchy if we talk about traditional fabric. After some time of wearing PVC will suffer and stretch some amount causing the smooth surface become a bit rough and cracked. Then the best smoothness and shine are gone but the garment can still be worn of course. There is also so called 4-way stretch PVC that is way more stretchy but not so shiny and smooth as traditional PVC. 4-way stretch material allows figure-hugging clothing though so it might be a considerable option in some cases.

PVC should be washed by hands. There are some PVC clothes that allows machine washing on instructions but I still recommend not to wash PVC clothes with washing machine. Machine can damage the smooth surface or shrink the garment.



Leather


I guess leather is a classic that doesn't need so much introduction. Actually I don't have so much experiences with leather that I could keep a comprehensive lesson about it. But in few words leather is one of the most common fetishes in clothing and fabrics. Leather is tight and not very flexible. It can give one a good figure-hugging look but if this is the target I suggest to check measures carefully. Of course if the garment can be a bit loose there's no need for extra accuracy. Leather looks a bit shiny and has some patterning on it as it is leather after all. The feeling of leather depends if it's real leather or leather-like fabric. Real leather costs much but it feels soft, smooth and pleasurable. Leather-like fabric can feel good too but is often more tight and tense than real leather. Nevertheless leather-like fabrics are way more inexpensive and common and still a good choice for one who likes leather clothing.



Spandex, Lycra, Polyester, etc

An example of zentai suit. The fabric is a bit shiny but more matte than PVC or latex. It's easy to wear as it's traditional style clothing fabric. Inner side is comfortable to wear.

These are the common fabrics used in everyday life clothing. If you have a pair of shiny leggings that doesn't have plastic-like surface it is highly probable that they are made of these materials. The differences with latex and PVC are clear. Spandex, lycra etc resembles most traditiodal clothing fabrics and may be sewable and repairable. They are durable, flexible, they doesn't require extra care and you can almost always wash them normally in a washing machine.

Common pair of black shiny leggings. The surface is quite shiny and the fit is figure-hugging and tight.

On the inside regular shiny leggings have comfortable fabric against the skin.

Besides traditional clothing there are some fetish clothing from these materials too. They are an option for those who prefer comfort material over ultimate shining or plastic look. There are for example fetish clothes that are called wet-look clothes. 



Datex


This fabric isn't so familiar to me but I've seen it a few times. Datex is a fabric that has quite similar outer layer as latex but it has an inner layer too. The inner layer is made of traditional fabric that I guess is lycra of something similar. This allows the user to dress the garment way more easily than latex as there is no need for talcum powder or silicone lubricant. Fabric also gives a little bit better breathability for skin. I could almost compare datex to rainwear fabric but the essential difference is the fitting and flexibility of the fabric. Datex feels more soft and pleasurable than most of the rainwear clothes and it could be tighter to give figure-hugging look.

***

There are more fabrics for sure that can give clothing a shiny look. These were just the first ones to cross my mind. I hope this article was helpful and readers can recognize that there are different materials that can look fairly same. I don't like when laypersons say every shiny pair of pants "latex pants"  =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Asuka plugsuit / Andromeda Latex

In the year 2016 I was lucky enough to get a slot from Andromeda Latex for commission of latex Asuka plugsuit. I was really anxious as I knew that this opportunity would be really rare but the costume wouldn't be cheap. I had always dreamed to get an Asuka plugsuit that would be perfect. Nothing like those poor ones around everywhere in cheap internet stores. I made a decision and asked for a commission. I got one. Asuka Langley Soryu meets Finland. Costume: Andromeda Latex. Model: Senshi. Photo: Tigrita. The system of Andromeda Latex is based on commissions and slots for them. People get a picture of manufacturer that is almost always booked full and rarely has any slots open. After all this is understandable because unique and high-quality costumes aren't anything like some mass-producted garments. Luckily sometimes one can notice an open slot that is announced on the website or social media channels. The commission and communicating are done with email. Thi

Being Asuka Langley Soryu in latex costume

I have noticed that most interesting thing in my photos and in my blog has been my Asuka Langley Soryu costume (by Andromeda Latex). Because I have felt that some people would like to see me doing only Asuka cosplay and posing in pictures with the costume I decided to write something about the costume. I also tell why I don't do only Asuka cosplay and why I do it quite rarely. I noticed that there hasn't been very much photos of the suit on my blog after my old review so I decided to put some photos here from the past years. I hope it covers some demand of seeing more about the suit as well as telling a bit more about experiences with it. I have cosplayed Asuka very rarely. It's not that I wouldn't like to do it but there are many reasons which I tell later on this article. General thoughts and some history of my Asuka costume Being Asuka feels fun. Well, I'm not a performer or actor so "being" sounds a bit too much. Let's just say that I love the look

Movies: Rubbers Ou Onna (Japan, 2010)

It was many years back when I found a mention about this movie on some website. There was a sho rt br iefing about the movie and it said the movie tells about a young woman who ha s a latex fetish . Of course I got interested about the movie and trie d to get i t in my hands as soon as possible. I had my prejudices regarding t he movie. Always when I had heard about a woman and latex clothing being in same movie it had been a fetish sex film or some short scene in a movie where some sexy bimbo wears PVC pants and makes i t excessive and a joke. I was very happy to find out that this movie wasn't a joke. It w as exactly what I had wished for a long time. Rubbers ou onna movie cover. Rubbers Ou Onna (also sometimes: "Rabâzu: Oou onna") is a japanese movie from year 2010. It's in japanese language. I didn't have an opportunity to watch the movie with subti tles or dub. Therefore my review is based on my own feelings and to things I saw in the movie. So