Skip to main content

Who even invented crossdressing and gender casts?

The common conservative demands create an unequal situation between genders. It is highly acknowledged that men and women should wear different type of clothes. I should read more history as I can't figure how have this become an overwhelming standard in such free cultures as in modern western countries. If we take a look back for approximately few hundred years there were many high-valued men wearing pantyhose, high boots, corsets and even wigs. Nowadays if we narrow it simply the only clothing that a "real man" should wear is the mens suit. Collared shirt and a tie. If someone want's to add some color he can change the tie or pocket hankie. Man, that's vibrant.

Men doesn't have much options nowadays. It's the culture and standards of beauty that force men to be in a small cast. How can a man be commonly accepted if he wishes to wear different kind of clothes than just a jacket and tie? What if the man wishes to wear tight shiny leggings, latex garments or just an ordinary cocktail dress? Yes, we also talk about special clothing that might be even fetishes but we can also take a look of transvestites. They might be just plain transvestites who want to wear other gender clothing because it makes them feel natural and better. They might also be fetishistic transvestites who get a strong and even sexy feeling when dressing in other genders clothing.

Before anyone grins to this aren't the mens suits kind of a fetish to some men? Doesn't it make some men to feel strong, sexy and superior? Well yes it might. Why shouldn't this be judged? Just because someone said to you that this here is only for men and this here is only for women?

Despite these differences it's still not commonly accepted that a man could wear clothing made just for women. Even though he would feel really good, natural, self-confident or even sexy about it. And what comes to fetish clothing it's very much alike with the other clothing business. There are thousands of different designs for women but only handful made just for men. Mostly they are, surprise surprise, collared shirts and ties! Unisex fetish clothes are often tight and shiny so most of the people see them more as feminine clothing. So thank the prejudiced and judging world that don't want you to feel good with yourself if you're a man without the mens suit.


Is the DJ dressed or crossdressed? In the end it should only matter on relationships or friendships. Despite the gender the clothing can be worn by and should be available for all genders. (Photograph: Janne Lehtilä Photography)

So if the selection of fetish clothing is advertised by women and made for women but the major amount of customers are men how do we do the math? Yes. Most of the fetishist men cross the borders and wear unisex or even feminine clothes. They might have feminine hoods and tight pants. For example a catsuit is one of the most common fetish garments that latex fetishists want to have. Once again that kind of garment is imagined for women only among the masses. But if a man want to wear a shiny catsuit who are we to judge? Why couldn't he use clothing that he loves? Is it only because in our conservative world we are taught that men are just rich, bold, masculine, strong and workaholic people on the backgrounds while the women are the ones who are to please our eyes, funny, sexy, smiling trophies for those powerful men? So women can do anything funny and dress into anything they want but men should always remain in a tight cast? Have a happy life bro. And thanks to the commercial side too for giving us such awesome casts so we can't define ourselves by ourselves.

I just ask who even invented the idea of crossdressing or gender casts on clothing? Were they the troglodytes who demanded the male to wear only mammoth skin and maybe a squirrel fur tied on the neck while the female could wear also leopard, hare, pretodactyl, elephant, whale, crocodile, T-Rex or flamingo? I know I mix the animals from the different eras but you got the point, didn't you?

I think that if someone wishes to wear a garment that makes him or her happy and feeling really good he or she can go with it. While the present world argues against it I wait for really good arguments what is the harm or damage that crossing the clothing borders could do. The only harm I see is someone who has been taught to strict gender borders sees a happy crossdresser (or otherwise specially dressed individual) and can't accept his / her happiness due to some reason. Even though there has been no damage, just happiness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Asuka plugsuit / Andromeda Latex

In the year 2016 I was lucky enough to get a slot from Andromeda Latex for commission of latex Asuka plugsuit. I was really anxious as I knew that this opportunity would be really rare but the costume wouldn't be cheap. I had always dreamed to get an Asuka plugsuit that would be perfect. Nothing like those poor ones around everywhere in cheap internet stores. I made a decision and asked for a commission. I got one. Asuka Langley Soryu meets Finland. Costume: Andromeda Latex. Model: Senshi. Photo: Tigrita. The system of Andromeda Latex is based on commissions and slots for them. People get a picture of manufacturer that is almost always booked full and rarely has any slots open. After all this is understandable because unique and high-quality costumes aren't anything like some mass-producted garments. Luckily sometimes one can notice an open slot that is announced on the website or social media channels. The commission and communicating are done with email. Thi

Being Asuka Langley Soryu in latex costume

I have noticed that most interesting thing in my photos and in my blog has been my Asuka Langley Soryu costume (by Andromeda Latex). Because I have felt that some people would like to see me doing only Asuka cosplay and posing in pictures with the costume I decided to write something about the costume. I also tell why I don't do only Asuka cosplay and why I do it quite rarely. I noticed that there hasn't been very much photos of the suit on my blog after my old review so I decided to put some photos here from the past years. I hope it covers some demand of seeing more about the suit as well as telling a bit more about experiences with it. I have cosplayed Asuka very rarely. It's not that I wouldn't like to do it but there are many reasons which I tell later on this article. General thoughts and some history of my Asuka costume Being Asuka feels fun. Well, I'm not a performer or actor so "being" sounds a bit too much. Let's just say that I love the look

Movies: Rubbers Ou Onna (Japan, 2010)

It was many years back when I found a mention about this movie on some website. There was a sho rt br iefing about the movie and it said the movie tells about a young woman who ha s a latex fetish . Of course I got interested about the movie and trie d to get i t in my hands as soon as possible. I had my prejudices regarding t he movie. Always when I had heard about a woman and latex clothing being in same movie it had been a fetish sex film or some short scene in a movie where some sexy bimbo wears PVC pants and makes i t excessive and a joke. I was very happy to find out that this movie wasn't a joke. It w as exactly what I had wished for a long time. Rubbers ou onna movie cover. Rubbers Ou Onna (also sometimes: "Rabâzu: Oou onna") is a japanese movie from year 2010. It's in japanese language. I didn't have an opportunity to watch the movie with subti tles or dub. Therefore my review is based on my own feelings and to things I saw in the movie. So