Skip to main content

American horror stories create negative prejudices against fetishism

Please note that the serie dealt in this text has age rating 18 in most countriesThis blog text doesn't involve offensive pictures and it describes the serie only in common way. So this blog text is ok to read and shouldn't be offensive.

Some time ago I bumped into internet article which told about some actress and her situation. It was almost just an article among others but one photo on it caught my attention. In that photo I saw some poster on the background in which was something black and shiny. I instantly identified it as an outfit of some kind. I got very interested what poster it was and what was it promoting.

The search was really hard and almost frustrating as that actress didn't have a connection to that subject. After a long search I found results. The poster is promoting a serie called "American Horror Stories". Once I found this out I was really disappointed. I already knew what was coming on.

I have worn latex outfits for about 15 years now. Haven't still murdered anyone though.

And I was right. American Horror Stories is a following serie to its predecessor, American Horror Story. The latter I could remember just and just. It started in 2011 and was shown in Finland starting 2013. I never watched it as I'm not a fan of horror films.

I found out that in main role in American Horror Story season 1 episode 8 is a "rubber man". The episode goes with same name. We can clearly see that the outfit is a black latex catsuit. I can believe how fascinating, weird and even frightening it can look to people who don't understand fetishism. And the serie seems to take everything out of its potential.

I still haven't watched the episode and I think I don't even want to. I've searched all my life for positive stance and understanding for fetishism and these kinds of things feel bad for me. 

The poster of American Horror Story serie with full latex suit. (Picture: Screenshot from Google picture search / Original picture: Amazon).


Coming back to American Horror Stories, it is a spin-off serie of its predecessor. And this spin-off was the one I found related to the poster I saw.

Picture it gives about fetishism and latex outfits is also a fiction. Or even more: A lie.

The serie starts straight with an episode named "Rubber (wo)Man" (season 1 episode 1). We can see the reference to original serie but this time its about a woman who wears latex outfit. We may get some eye candy but as I look up to proper ways to explain fetishes I reject this new episode too. It's entertainment and even more in a horror way made about something that is very sensitive and important subject to some people.

I searched and watched for trailers and other information concerning the episode. Without too much spoilers I can say that the main character is a young woman who finds this strange latex costume and wants to try it on. Once she has dressed it she seems to have pleasure from it like a fetishist could. But then suddenly she becomes possessed with a scary glare on her eyes.

She dressed on a latex suit and now she wants to murder people. Absolutely great. Not.

Some people may watch the episode admiring the costume. Some people may just get their kicks out from horror. But in the end I feel really sad because I can't find anything that could make fetishism or latex outfits seen in a proper way. The episode just creates more horror and prejudices towards fetish people in need of understanding.

I have worn latex outfits for about 15 years now. Haven't still murdered anyone though. But what do vanilla people think about latex fetish after seeing that episode?

Just keep in mind that these series are fiction. Yes, of course they are, but the picture it gives about fetishism and latex outfits is also a fiction. Or even more: A lie.

--------------------

More about the subject:

1) American Horror Stories IMDB-site (please note that the serie has age rating 18 in most countries!):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12306692/

2) Fandom page for American Horror Stories episode "Rubber (wo)Man" (please note that the serie has age rating 18 in most countries!):

https://americanhorrorstory.fandom.com/wiki/Rubber(wo)Man

3) The actress' interview about wearing latex:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1289914/american-horror-stories-sierra-mccormick-reveals-what-its-really-like-wearing-the-rubber-suit

4) A photo found with Google search of actress and her stunt dressed on the set:

https://www.google.fi/search?q=devyn+labella&hl=fi&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj7-L2x2a_1AhUyl4sKHQBPBgYQ_AUoAXoECB0QAw&biw=2560&bih=1321&dpr=1#imgrc=9D0q3GVXG96haM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Asuka plugsuit / Andromeda Latex

In the year 2016 I was lucky enough to get a slot from Andromeda Latex for commission of latex Asuka plugsuit. I was really anxious as I knew that this opportunity would be really rare but the costume wouldn't be cheap. I had always dreamed to get an Asuka plugsuit that would be perfect. Nothing like those poor ones around everywhere in cheap internet stores. I made a decision and asked for a commission. I got one. Asuka Langley Soryu meets Finland. Costume: Andromeda Latex. Model: Senshi. Photo: Tigrita. The system of Andromeda Latex is based on commissions and slots for them. People get a picture of manufacturer that is almost always booked full and rarely has any slots open. After all this is understandable because unique and high-quality costumes aren't anything like some mass-producted garments. Luckily sometimes one can notice an open slot that is announced on the website or social media channels. The commission and communicating are done with email. Thi

Being Asuka Langley Soryu in latex costume

I have noticed that most interesting thing in my photos and in my blog has been my Asuka Langley Soryu costume (by Andromeda Latex). Because I have felt that some people would like to see me doing only Asuka cosplay and posing in pictures with the costume I decided to write something about the costume. I also tell why I don't do only Asuka cosplay and why I do it quite rarely. I noticed that there hasn't been very much photos of the suit on my blog after my old review so I decided to put some photos here from the past years. I hope it covers some demand of seeing more about the suit as well as telling a bit more about experiences with it. I have cosplayed Asuka very rarely. It's not that I wouldn't like to do it but there are many reasons which I tell later on this article. General thoughts and some history of my Asuka costume Being Asuka feels fun. Well, I'm not a performer or actor so "being" sounds a bit too much. Let's just say that I love the look

Movies: Rubbers Ou Onna (Japan, 2010)

It was many years back when I found a mention about this movie on some website. There was a sho rt br iefing about the movie and it said the movie tells about a young woman who ha s a latex fetish . Of course I got interested about the movie and trie d to get i t in my hands as soon as possible. I had my prejudices regarding t he movie. Always when I had heard about a woman and latex clothing being in same movie it had been a fetish sex film or some short scene in a movie where some sexy bimbo wears PVC pants and makes i t excessive and a joke. I was very happy to find out that this movie wasn't a joke. It w as exactly what I had wished for a long time. Rubbers ou onna movie cover. Rubbers Ou Onna (also sometimes: "Rabâzu: Oou onna") is a japanese movie from year 2010. It's in japanese language. I didn't have an opportunity to watch the movie with subti tles or dub. Therefore my review is based on my own feelings and to things I saw in the movie. So