Skip to main content

Why latex can be a fetish?

It is easy to imagine people marveling others by their features when those features are new and strange subjects to them. Fetishes can easily be surprising subjects to people who haven't dealt with them in any way before. They may be odd, sometimes even frightening but sometimes maybe even fascinating subjects. As always I encourage people to learn about subjects before making hasty prejudices or judgements.

To put my effort on proper fetish enlightenment I decided to tell my visual angle why latex can be a fetish. I tell only my point of view and only about latex because there are lots of different fetishes and experiences of the fetishists are often unique. So everyone could tell a bit different stories.

I think latex is a common fetish for many reasons. It has lots to offer for almost every sense. In a nutshell latex is a fetish because of its:
- Feeling
- Looks
- Scent
- Sounds

The feeling of latex divides opinions. There is a quote: "Latex clothing is a principle". It means that if someone wants to dress on latex clothing that one really likes it too. So it is quite often when that one who dresses into latex has a latex fetish too.

The feeling of latex for a wearer is best described as "feeling like a second skin". Latex clothing is made of rubber sheet and there is no inner layer from other material. That's why latex clothing really presses itself against the wearers skin and feels tight and fit. This tight feeling is also one of the reasons why fetishists like it. It makes a unique feeling around the body like nothing else.


The major reasons for latex fetishist to wear latex are the feeling and the looks of latex.

Along the tight feeling goes also the smooth and slippery feelings. The outer side of latex clothing is made to look really smooth and reflecting. When the outer side is treated with silicone shiner it makes the garment very slippery and shiny. Slippery feeling is really sexy and when someone touches the latex pressed against the wearers skin it feels unique and amazing. Imagine a situation where someone would move fingers slowly around your back like massaging you really gently. This could be same situation for fetishists but just a thin layer of slippery rubber in between. It can bring new and fascinating feelings to one who loves the feel of latex.

To make an important note latex clothing always needs silicone products when weared. Those products are needed on inside as a lubricant between skin and rubber to remove friction and to outside to make matte rubber look wet and shiny. Latex without silicone is very hard to dress and it doesn't look shiny at all.

So after the sensational feeling comes the looks of latex garments. Latex is a unique material when it comes to tight and shiny clothes. There are other options too which doesn't need silicone treatment but they never gain the same look or feeling like latex. Latex is the most figure-hugging material of all. Rubber is really flexible and it fits greatly when the garment is of right size. And when the latex is shined with silicone it brings a shine that other materials can't follow. So when someone is dressed in rubber it looks just amazing. It may be sexy, fascinating, futuristic or something other. But for the fetishists the looks of the shiny latex is amazingly great and sexy.

Believe it or not but even the scent of the latex can bring shivers to fetishists. The scent isn't the main reason to fetishists to love latex but it can be a little boost among the feel and looks. Scent of the latex may vary depending from the manufacturer. There are different kinds of latex sheetings which has their own scents. I could say that the cheapest latex garments may have stingy industrial smell which isn't so nice. Some manufacturers pay attention to the scent too and the quality clothes often smell more mild and not so industrial. The scent is hard to describe but differences can easily be noticed. I'd say that the most important thing is that the latex clothing shouldn't smell too bad or industrial as it can reduce the comfortability and feelings of the wearers.

Even the scent and sound of latex may be included to someones latex fetish.

Also the sounds of the latex can bring enjoyment to fetishists. Like the scent the sounds aren't the main reason but they play an important side role to the fetishists. Snapping sounds of tight latex can be very sexy and fascinating to fetishists. And actually the sound and the scent of the latex belong together with all the features of latex. And it is very often when the entirety is the key.

So if you still wonder why latex can be someones fetish I'd advice you to imagine something related you enjoy yourself. Do you love tight jeans? Do you love the looks of thin girls or musculary men? Do you love the feeling of touch or massage? Do you enjoy listening ASMR-videos? Do you love the scent of incenses? These may not be totally comparable to latex fetish but there can be similarities. Fetishes are quite often related to sexual enjoyment but not always.

Maybe your subject you like a lot is a bit sexual so it could be even your fetish? Or maybe your subjects are just things you enjoy experiencing and you relax when dealing with them? Fetishes can be like these too. For example the latex fetishist may wear latex just to feel amazing and relax in it while watching TV. As funny as it sounds it may be true.

This is the best speculation I can give to you for starters. To understand the fetishes there shouldn't be prejudices but interest and openness. Otherwise you'll end up to the question on the headline over and over again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Asuka plugsuit / Andromeda Latex

In the year 2016 I was lucky enough to get a slot from Andromeda Latex for commission of latex Asuka plugsuit. I was really anxious as I knew that this opportunity would be really rare but the costume wouldn't be cheap. I had always dreamed to get an Asuka plugsuit that would be perfect. Nothing like those poor ones around everywhere in cheap internet stores. I made a decision and asked for a commission. I got one. Asuka Langley Soryu meets Finland. Costume: Andromeda Latex. Model: Senshi. Photo: Tigrita. The system of Andromeda Latex is based on commissions and slots for them. People get a picture of manufacturer that is almost always booked full and rarely has any slots open. After all this is understandable because unique and high-quality costumes aren't anything like some mass-producted garments. Luckily sometimes one can notice an open slot that is announced on the website or social media channels. The commission and communicating are done with email. Thi

Being Asuka Langley Soryu in latex costume

I have noticed that most interesting thing in my photos and in my blog has been my Asuka Langley Soryu costume (by Andromeda Latex). Because I have felt that some people would like to see me doing only Asuka cosplay and posing in pictures with the costume I decided to write something about the costume. I also tell why I don't do only Asuka cosplay and why I do it quite rarely. I noticed that there hasn't been very much photos of the suit on my blog after my old review so I decided to put some photos here from the past years. I hope it covers some demand of seeing more about the suit as well as telling a bit more about experiences with it. I have cosplayed Asuka very rarely. It's not that I wouldn't like to do it but there are many reasons which I tell later on this article. General thoughts and some history of my Asuka costume Being Asuka feels fun. Well, I'm not a performer or actor so "being" sounds a bit too much. Let's just say that I love the look

Movies: Rubbers Ou Onna (Japan, 2010)

It was many years back when I found a mention about this movie on some website. There was a sho rt br iefing about the movie and it said the movie tells about a young woman who ha s a latex fetish . Of course I got interested about the movie and trie d to get i t in my hands as soon as possible. I had my prejudices regarding t he movie. Always when I had heard about a woman and latex clothing being in same movie it had been a fetish sex film or some short scene in a movie where some sexy bimbo wears PVC pants and makes i t excessive and a joke. I was very happy to find out that this movie wasn't a joke. It w as exactly what I had wished for a long time. Rubbers ou onna movie cover. Rubbers Ou Onna (also sometimes: "Rabâzu: Oou onna") is a japanese movie from year 2010. It's in japanese language. I didn't have an opportunity to watch the movie with subti tles or dub. Therefore my review is based on my own feelings and to things I saw in the movie. So