Skip to main content

Movies: Dogs Don't Wear Pants (Finland, 2019)

Dogs Don't Wear Pants (Koirat eivät käytä housuja) is a finnish movie telling a story that involves BDSM-culture and how it can be important to some people. It was completed during 2019 and its premiere was 1.11.2019. It's directed by J-P Valkeapää and starred by finnish top actors Krista Kosonen and Pekka Strang.

When I heard about this movie for first time I was really surprised but also very happy. As there aren't very much serious, warm and understanding movies concerning kinky side this movie could have come in need. My expectation of the movie was high as I really hoped it would bring enlightenment to people about the importance and good sides of fetishes and BDSM.

I went to see the movie right after its premiere on 2.11.2019.

Finnish version of the movie poster of Dogs Don't Wear Pants.

The storyline is following. Juha is the main character of the movie. He has lost his wife in an accident and has suffered himself from almost drowning. His life is numb and he yearns for his wife continuously. He still can take care of his daughter and his job though. One day he runs into Mona, a dominatrix, by coincidence. This brings him feelings that he hadn't found himself earlier. These feelings are not imaged very sexually but more like a way to meditate, getting apart from the dark reality and bringing him stillness and inner peace.

At this point the movie was building up nicely. Although the movie involves such frightening things like asphyxiation it shows it in a way that helps unknowing people to understand why it could be important to some others.

But then came many big disappointments concerning the whole movie.

First of all the movie turned more to frightening and distressing direction. The positive feelings were left aside as the movie brought more and more things to the audience which were hard to deal with. The movie didn't try to explain different feelings or fetishes anymore as it focused just to showing odd things and peaks in the storytelling. The end side of the movie was almost completely bringing up something that could make audience to gasp in distress.

Asphyxiation is always dangerous but smart people can practice it in a right way. Especially professionals like dominatrixes don't make mistakes. In the movie the asphyxiation and breathplay were leading to death and were way too much played on the edges of endurance. I was really disappointed that it was shown to people this way.

Actually the dominatrix, Mona, was shown in a light that she wasn't able to handle most of the situations. Professional dominas can handle their business and clients. Mona lost control in a disturbingly many situations. This was really awkward to watch.

And where was the aftercare? Aftercare is one really important part of the sessions. In the movie the client was always left alone to get himself together. If there are clients who have had very strong emotions or experiences or who are a bit lost after the session they always require proper aftercare. This can be just the presence of the dominating person, being aside and not leaving the submissive one alone. Aftercare can also be something more like comforting or discussing about the feelings. In the movie the amount of aftercare was total zero. Cold and rude. And totally unethical.

Even the kinky party shown in the movie was a bit disturbing. It showed few customers having a sexual session and mostly just stereotypical looking people wearing nothing too fancy. In real life kinky parties are mostly very warm and welcoming and people are quite happy and social. Most of the people are wearing actually many clothes, involving latex, leather, pvc, dresses, suits etc. In the movie many of the people were wearing only harnesses. And the party itself wasn't shown as warm and "normal" as the real life parties are.

My cup was already full but the last shot that really knocked me was the scene where the sadistic person wanted to have satisfaction by pulling submissive persons tooth off! WHAT! This was so extravagant that I judged the movie once and for all.

When I went to the movies I thought that I'd get to see a movie that opens the world of kinks in a warm and understanding way. Instead of that the movie showed frightening and distressing things and didn't focus to make them acceptable at all. I'm really disappointed how rudely and coldly the movie show kinky things to a big audience. This will not help in understanding kinky people but helps people to get more prejudices and false picture of the fetishes.

As a simple movie this would be quite ok. But as the subject is really important to kinky people it really hurts. The movie deforms the reality and doesn't bring out positive, warm or understanding sides of the kinky world.

I really wish that one day we will get the kind of movie to big audience that shows those positive sides of kinky things and even tries to create understanding and acceptance. At the moment the only this kind of movie I know is "Rubbers Ou Onna" (Japan) which is a movie that shows latex fetish in an understanding and warm way.

I can't recommend this movie to people who are interested in or in need of more serious introduction about kinky life, fetishes and BDSM. This movie definitely won't tell the angle of the real life kinky people. Kinky things aren't always bad. More often they are very important and positive things in someones life.

One positive thing for the end: The movie had age limit of 16 which actually says that kinky things can be shown and discussed with teenagers too. This is important as the teenagers may find interest in kinky world before growing to adults. I wish those youngsters can have enlightenment and proper information about kinky things when they need it from some good and trusted actor.

Otherwise they will get their picture via these kind of fictional films which will not help them at all.

Been there, seen that. Still waiting for positive kinky movies though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Asuka plugsuit / Andromeda Latex

In the year 2016 I was lucky enough to get a slot from Andromeda Latex for commission of latex Asuka plugsuit. I was really anxious as I knew that this opportunity would be really rare but the costume wouldn't be cheap. I had always dreamed to get an Asuka plugsuit that would be perfect. Nothing like those poor ones around everywhere in cheap internet stores. I made a decision and asked for a commission. I got one. Asuka Langley Soryu meets Finland. Costume: Andromeda Latex. Model: Senshi. Photo: Tigrita. The system of Andromeda Latex is based on commissions and slots for them. People get a picture of manufacturer that is almost always booked full and rarely has any slots open. After all this is understandable because unique and high-quality costumes aren't anything like some mass-producted garments. Luckily sometimes one can notice an open slot that is announced on the website or social media channels. The commission and communicating are done with email. Thi

Being Asuka Langley Soryu in latex costume

I have noticed that most interesting thing in my photos and in my blog has been my Asuka Langley Soryu costume (by Andromeda Latex). Because I have felt that some people would like to see me doing only Asuka cosplay and posing in pictures with the costume I decided to write something about the costume. I also tell why I don't do only Asuka cosplay and why I do it quite rarely. I noticed that there hasn't been very much photos of the suit on my blog after my old review so I decided to put some photos here from the past years. I hope it covers some demand of seeing more about the suit as well as telling a bit more about experiences with it. I have cosplayed Asuka very rarely. It's not that I wouldn't like to do it but there are many reasons which I tell later on this article. General thoughts and some history of my Asuka costume Being Asuka feels fun. Well, I'm not a performer or actor so "being" sounds a bit too much. Let's just say that I love the look

Movies: Rubbers Ou Onna (Japan, 2010)

It was many years back when I found a mention about this movie on some website. There was a sho rt br iefing about the movie and it said the movie tells about a young woman who ha s a latex fetish . Of course I got interested about the movie and trie d to get i t in my hands as soon as possible. I had my prejudices regarding t he movie. Always when I had heard about a woman and latex clothing being in same movie it had been a fetish sex film or some short scene in a movie where some sexy bimbo wears PVC pants and makes i t excessive and a joke. I was very happy to find out that this movie wasn't a joke. It w as exactly what I had wished for a long time. Rubbers ou onna movie cover. Rubbers Ou Onna (also sometimes: "Rabâzu: Oou onna") is a japanese movie from year 2010. It's in japanese language. I didn't have an opportunity to watch the movie with subti tles or dub. Therefore my review is based on my own feelings and to things I saw in the movie. So