Skip to main content

I challenge fetish fashion world - Open your doors to diversity!

This is a challenge to all actors who are dealing with fetish fashion world. It is short and sweet:

Open your doors to diversity!

Some of you have already done that and it is wonderful. But there could be much more to do to improve equality in the fetish world.

Mostly the fetish fashion world is still presented with slim and white-skinned sexy young women. They may be the daydreams of the many but this style of marketing drives unequality and unrealistic picture of the fetishism. Fetishism isn't the thing just for one type of people. And modeling isn't a privilege for just one type of people.

This is why I dare all the fetish world agents with power to influence others to try bravely something new.

This is not about discriminating young female models. We are all human beings and they are along in my challenge. My wish is to drive diversity - not to create more discrimination. So this isn't about ditching others to favor others. It is about favoring everyone.

Anyone could be a model in great photos if they would be given a chance.


Fetish fashion designers and latex clothing manufacturers:

The selection of latex clothing has grown enormously during past 10-20 years. This is wonderful and I want to thank you all for creating beautiful special clothes to those who love them!

Even the lines of male clothing have grown from almost zero to some good collections. But I still feel there could be much more of different garments available. Most of the latex clothes are still made to women and especially for slim ones.

I challenge you to widen your selection with not only slim women designs but also with male clothing, unisex clothing and some special designs which would be available to all genders. Most of you already have a comprehensive collection but some designers could review their production and think about new opportunities!

I also challenge you to widen your collection of model pictures. Mostly we see just certain types of female models in your pictures. I challenge you to accept more different people in your pictures! There could be women, men, transgender, other gender, different skin tones, different ages, different body types and people could be allowed to be realistic with for example freckles, pimples, redness or scars.

Most of my favorite photos I've seen have been very realistic with ordinary model wearing something magnificent  <3

Latex or fetish models doesn't have to be only young girls with thin bodies or sexy substance. There could be room for all kind of models if the fetish world could embrace diversity. For example I was flattered some years back when I bumped to photographer J. Lehtilä who took this great photo of my latex suit for men.
(Photographer: J.Lehtilä photography)

Fetish modeling actors:

I challenge you to accept more different people in the fetish modeling scene! There could be women, men, transgender, other gender, different skin tones, different ages, different body types and people could be allowed to be realistic with for example freckles, pimples, redness or scars.

Be part of the good cause and make also some other feel accepted to do things he/she keeps dear and important!

Men can be latex models too. So can be older or younger women or men. Also transgender and other gender people can be models. And despite the shape of the body everyone can be a model and wear alternative clothing. So I ask you - where are all these people? Why alternative clothing and latex should be accepted only to certain types of people? Remember, YOU make the difference!

Photographers, shows and occasions:

You are the key players of the possible change! Almost all of the fetish photography is focused on the women and still mostly to certain types of women.

I challenge you to widen your model selection! I challenge you to accept more different types of people to pose to your camera or in your shows! Models could be women, men, transgender, other gender, with different skin tones, different ages, different body types and people could be allowed to be realistic with for example freckles, pimples, redness or scars.

Be part of the good cause and make all the people feel accepted to do things they keep dear and important!

And what would you benefit of this? You could gain more experience about working with different people, widen your portfolio and gain more model connections and customers! You could also advertise yourself with ethical sides by supporting diversity and being available to everyone!

Alternative, fetish and latex photography doesn't always have to be something to do with sex or gender. How about this photo for example? I have to thank the photographer "thome" for taking this great photo. I didn't even realize earlier that this photo is actually quite neutral regarding the gender. It also differs from typical fetish photography as it isn't about getting attention with straight seduction.
(Photographer. thome)

Audience and other people:

It is clear that all of us prefer some certain types of people which we like to see in the pictures. Especially in fetish context it is possible that audience prefer to see the gender and body types mostly realted to their likings.

To say it straight - Most of you wish to see young and fit women wearing latex as it is hot.

I challenge you to accept other types of models too. Despite your preferations there could be much room for other types of models who could promote different garments and create the feeling that fetish world isn't created just for that young female or a man looking at her.

I challenge you to welcome anyone to model in the fetish fashion picture and maybe even to give some cheering to him/her. We give our likes mostly to those who already get them from thousands of people. We can like popular ones too, of course! But why shouldn't we give a like to someones photo who isn't a celebrity? That someone could need that cheering very much!

Be a sport and create diversity - Cheer and give likes to more people than just those in the spotlights! Oorah?

We all wish to be ourselves. We all wish to be unique. We all wish to be accepted as we are and we also wish to have even a little bit of compliments during our lives. We all wish to have these at least sometimes. But why don't we share this ideology to others around us? Why do we mostly end up choosing those certain types of people to look up to? Why couldn't we share some attention or empathy to some others constantly, or even once in a while?

...and the one feeling discriminated:

Be available! This is the best that you can do for now. Don't hesitate to offer an opportunity to someone if you feel like you'd like to get to modeling or other things in the fetish world.

Do your decision! If you never wish to show your face or go to meet photographers or other people it's your decision. It will be respected but it means you never can complain about other models who go around meeting photographers and show their faces. You decide what makes you happy!

Please do your part properly! If you wish to get positive attention try to get positive attention! If you get frustrated, begin to troll or harass or post bad pictures around it doesn't help you or others feeling discriminated. It only makes things worse. And focus on your own happiness - not on crumbling others' happiness!

And if you get involved to fetish world - Don't forget to do your part of diversity afterwards! We don't create diversity by driving our personal causes alone.

"The concept of diversity encompasses acceptance and respect. It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences. These can be along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies. It is the exploration of these differences in a safe, positive, and nurturing environment. It is about understanding each other and moving beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the rich dimensions of diversity contained within each individual."
(Source: https://www.qcc.cuny.edu/diversity/definition.html  /  20.7.2020)

So.
I'm just a one man making a challenge. But I know I have a purpose and a meaning in this. 

Is there anyone brave enough to answer to this challenge?

Who takes part and creates diversity ?

We'll see if there are braves enough. Meanwhile, have a smashing day and keep your wishes alive!

-S-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Asuka plugsuit / Andromeda Latex

In the year 2016 I was lucky enough to get a slot from Andromeda Latex for commission of latex Asuka plugsuit. I was really anxious as I knew that this opportunity would be really rare but the costume wouldn't be cheap. I had always dreamed to get an Asuka plugsuit that would be perfect. Nothing like those poor ones around everywhere in cheap internet stores. I made a decision and asked for a commission. I got one. Asuka Langley Soryu meets Finland. Costume: Andromeda Latex. Model: Senshi. Photo: Tigrita. The system of Andromeda Latex is based on commissions and slots for them. People get a picture of manufacturer that is almost always booked full and rarely has any slots open. After all this is understandable because unique and high-quality costumes aren't anything like some mass-producted garments. Luckily sometimes one can notice an open slot that is announced on the website or social media channels. The commission and communicating are done with email. Thi

Being Asuka Langley Soryu in latex costume

I have noticed that most interesting thing in my photos and in my blog has been my Asuka Langley Soryu costume (by Andromeda Latex). Because I have felt that some people would like to see me doing only Asuka cosplay and posing in pictures with the costume I decided to write something about the costume. I also tell why I don't do only Asuka cosplay and why I do it quite rarely. I noticed that there hasn't been very much photos of the suit on my blog after my old review so I decided to put some photos here from the past years. I hope it covers some demand of seeing more about the suit as well as telling a bit more about experiences with it. I have cosplayed Asuka very rarely. It's not that I wouldn't like to do it but there are many reasons which I tell later on this article. General thoughts and some history of my Asuka costume Being Asuka feels fun. Well, I'm not a performer or actor so "being" sounds a bit too much. Let's just say that I love the look

Movies: Rubbers Ou Onna (Japan, 2010)

It was many years back when I found a mention about this movie on some website. There was a sho rt br iefing about the movie and it said the movie tells about a young woman who ha s a latex fetish . Of course I got interested about the movie and trie d to get i t in my hands as soon as possible. I had my prejudices regarding t he movie. Always when I had heard about a woman and latex clothing being in same movie it had been a fetish sex film or some short scene in a movie where some sexy bimbo wears PVC pants and makes i t excessive and a joke. I was very happy to find out that this movie wasn't a joke. It w as exactly what I had wished for a long time. Rubbers ou onna movie cover. Rubbers Ou Onna (also sometimes: "Rabâzu: Oou onna") is a japanese movie from year 2010. It's in japanese language. I didn't have an opportunity to watch the movie with subti tles or dub. Therefore my review is based on my own feelings and to things I saw in the movie. So