Skip to main content

Movies: Love and Leashes (South Korea, 2022, Netflix)

 I found a movie named "Love and Leashes" by chance when I was exploring Netflix selections. I have always been very careful with movies dealing with kinky subjects as they tend to be inappropriate too often. By this I mean that movies with kinky subjects are often made with angle on entertainment, especially in horror or comedy, when kinky subjects become laughable or frightening.

Despite this I gave this movie a chance. After all it was mentioned to be a romantic movie.

I must say that after my suspicions I was surprised in a really positive way. The movie deals with kinky subjects with warm and gentle style.

Screenshot from Netflix library. Cover picture for the movie.


"Love and Leashes" is a movie about relationship which is based on dominance and submission. It tells a different kind of romantic story where the relationship isn't a traditional one as seen in many other romantic movies. This time the interest to other borns by understanding and acceptance, not by romantic crush or appearance of other.

In this movie a workplace has a major role. Story tells about two colleagues who work together in an office and they have nothing other going on. By accident the female colleague gets to know that her male colleague has a kink. Male colleague is shamed of his kink and feels bad about someone other knowing about it. But the female colleague doesn't blame him or tell the others about the kink.

Because the woman doesn't judge her colleague it actually makes the man feel better and it brings these two closer each others. The story still isn't about woman getting excited about man's kinky side but about giving ears to man's worries and giving some understanding to the important subjects of other.

Later they end up to have a relationship in which they agree about terms beforehand. This makes them not the traditional lovers but a couple that meets sometimes and with agreed conditions. This gives an angle to possible relationship that BDSM-couple could have.

I'll leave the rest of the story to be so I don't spoil it. But the movie is a really positive surprise in total and gives an understanding and warm angle to a different kind of relationship.

The movie respects kinky people and BDSM-culture. It shows how kinky needs can be really important to someone and how these things could be dealt by not-kinky in proper ways. The movie even explains different things like orientations or basic information to audience.

The movie also shows the side when some people doesn't understand the importance of kinky needs. The movie doesn't bring too much torment or anxiety which is really good but it still shows how some people can crush other by judging and mocking.

Fortunately the movie also shows how some people can lighten up others days and give them acceptance and love even when they don't totally understand everything in other one.

Screenshot from Netflix. Presentation on the movie. Shown here in finnish language. In english: "Love never hurt so good for two co-workers who enter a contractual relationship as partners in consensual play, pleasure and pain". Keywords: "Witty, Intimate, Romantic". (Source: Netflix).


I warmly recommend this movie to everyone. Especially I recommend this movie to people who try to understand kinky or BDSM subjects but aren't kinky themselves.

I also recommend this movie to those who wish understanding and acceptance from someone.

And still I recommend this movie as a light way to have an introduction in kinky and BDSM culture, for example regarding sexual advisors, healthcare workers and therapists.

Final remark: This movie is the one I have wished from Hollywood ages ago. Once again the best movie comes outside of Hollywood!

Information:

  • South Korea, 2022.
  • Available on Netflix.
  • Runtime about 2 hours.
  • Age limit 16+ in Netflix.
    • Remark: Contains mild sexual content and language.
    • Remark: In my opinion the content of this movie isn't very provocative. It focuses on dramatic side and understanding. There are BDSM-scenes shown but no sex or nudity. With this I agree to age limit 16+ as there isn't content that would need age limit 18+.
My rating:
****
4/5

-------------------------------

More about the movie:

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15553956/

Netflix info: https://www.netflix.com/fi-en/title/81314328

Wikipedia info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_and_Leashes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Asuka plugsuit / Andromeda Latex

In the year 2016 I was lucky enough to get a slot from Andromeda Latex for commission of latex Asuka plugsuit. I was really anxious as I knew that this opportunity would be really rare but the costume wouldn't be cheap. I had always dreamed to get an Asuka plugsuit that would be perfect. Nothing like those poor ones around everywhere in cheap internet stores. I made a decision and asked for a commission. I got one. Asuka Langley Soryu meets Finland. Costume: Andromeda Latex. Model: Senshi. Photo: Tigrita. The system of Andromeda Latex is based on commissions and slots for them. People get a picture of manufacturer that is almost always booked full and rarely has any slots open. After all this is understandable because unique and high-quality costumes aren't anything like some mass-producted garments. Luckily sometimes one can notice an open slot that is announced on the website or social media channels. The commission and communicating are done with email. Thi

Being Asuka Langley Soryu in latex costume

I have noticed that most interesting thing in my photos and in my blog has been my Asuka Langley Soryu costume (by Andromeda Latex). Because I have felt that some people would like to see me doing only Asuka cosplay and posing in pictures with the costume I decided to write something about the costume. I also tell why I don't do only Asuka cosplay and why I do it quite rarely. I noticed that there hasn't been very much photos of the suit on my blog after my old review so I decided to put some photos here from the past years. I hope it covers some demand of seeing more about the suit as well as telling a bit more about experiences with it. I have cosplayed Asuka very rarely. It's not that I wouldn't like to do it but there are many reasons which I tell later on this article. General thoughts and some history of my Asuka costume Being Asuka feels fun. Well, I'm not a performer or actor so "being" sounds a bit too much. Let's just say that I love the look

Movies: Rubbers Ou Onna (Japan, 2010)

It was many years back when I found a mention about this movie on some website. There was a sho rt br iefing about the movie and it said the movie tells about a young woman who ha s a latex fetish . Of course I got interested about the movie and trie d to get i t in my hands as soon as possible. I had my prejudices regarding t he movie. Always when I had heard about a woman and latex clothing being in same movie it had been a fetish sex film or some short scene in a movie where some sexy bimbo wears PVC pants and makes i t excessive and a joke. I was very happy to find out that this movie wasn't a joke. It w as exactly what I had wished for a long time. Rubbers ou onna movie cover. Rubbers Ou Onna (also sometimes: "Rabâzu: Oou onna") is a japanese movie from year 2010. It's in japanese language. I didn't have an opportunity to watch the movie with subti tles or dub. Therefore my review is based on my own feelings and to things I saw in the movie. So