Skip to main content

Review: Deluxe double ponytail hood / Rubber Eva Shop

 I ordered a latex double ponytail hood from Rubber Eva Shop some years ago. Time has passed but the hood is still in good condition. So I decided to view it a bit closer and give a review of it.

I wanted to experience a double ponytail hood back then which had ponytails made of latex strips. Rubber Eva Shop had a beautiful design on their hood with even laces in the back. I also loved a photo of Rubber Eva where she modeled the hood in red color and with plain red catsuit and gloves. I guess that red doll styled photo impressed me and made me to order the hood in red color.


To this day I have been satisfied with the hood. There are few things notable which can be unsatisfactory. But overall rating for the hood is good.


Clothing:
Deluxe Rubber Double Ponytail Hood

Colors:
Red main color
Red trim color (to make hood one-colored)

Fabric:
Latex on hood and ponytails
Steel on D-rings on back
Laces on back from durable fabrics

Manufacturer / Tailor:
Rubber Eva Shop

Price:
£ 185
(approximately 215 € today 14.6.2022)

Manufacturing time:
(Can't remember)

 


The look:
4/5

Fabric quality:
5/5

Durability and lifetime: 
5/5

Quality-Price ratio: 
4/5

Comfort on wearing (short and long period): 
3/5

Service: 
N/A (didn't need)

Measurements:
4/5

Overall rating: 
4/5

For me the face pattern design goes well for limited periods. My problem is that the hoods distance of mouth and eyes openings in vertical direction is too high. Therefore I must pull the hood after short times up or down as I can't line up my mouth and eyes perfecly with the hood. In this picture I have pulled the hood down from the forehead so I could hide my eyebrows and center my eyes to eye openings. Otherwise my eyes would have been lower and center of openings would have been lined between my eyes and eyebrows. Lining up the hood is tricky if the pattern isn't suitable to your face. But also finding a perfect hood is really hard. So I advice to try different hoods with courage and find the best one for yourself.


Notifications:

Sizing of the hood is quite good and laces on the back give a great option to tighten the hood optimatically. But problem remains with the face part which isn't tailored and therefore it may not be suitable for all face patterns.

The look of the hood is otherwise great but ponytails should be attached higher in my opinion. When ponytails hang on sides too low it doesn't look as great as if they would be directed more upwards.

The hood has tightening laces with strong D-rings on the back. After tightening the hood fits very well in horizontal way. It also feels surprisingly easy to wear even when tightened but in long term wear the tightness might start to feel too much. Ponytails are long as we can see on the picture which gives the hood showy look.


The hood is comfortable to wear for short periods and the latex feels soft. On long periods the ponytails may press against the skull and cause a bit uncomfortable feeling. If the face design isn't optimal for your face it may cause some challenges with lining up eye holes and mouth hole. Therefore short term use is great for photos and dressing up but long term use at events may be challenging.

The hood is available in both women or men sizes which is a great option.

The hood is available in one color or with main color and another trim color.

The price of the hood has risen notably during the years.


You can combine the hood like this. But you can always create your own look and even use more colors in it!


Rubber Eva Shop has been around for long time. I have had good experiences with the shop few times and everything has gone smoothly. Latex fabrics have been of good quality and designs have been durable and beautiful. I can recommend the shop easily.


Sponsored review?
No.

Links:
(Rubber Eva Shop contains some material allowed only for adults. Therefore the link is not shown. I advice only adults to search for the shop and its collection)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Asuka plugsuit / Andromeda Latex

In the year 2016 I was lucky enough to get a slot from Andromeda Latex for commission of latex Asuka plugsuit. I was really anxious as I knew that this opportunity would be really rare but the costume wouldn't be cheap. I had always dreamed to get an Asuka plugsuit that would be perfect. Nothing like those poor ones around everywhere in cheap internet stores. I made a decision and asked for a commission. I got one. Asuka Langley Soryu meets Finland. Costume: Andromeda Latex. Model: Senshi. Photo: Tigrita. The system of Andromeda Latex is based on commissions and slots for them. People get a picture of manufacturer that is almost always booked full and rarely has any slots open. After all this is understandable because unique and high-quality costumes aren't anything like some mass-producted garments. Luckily sometimes one can notice an open slot that is announced on the website or social media channels. The commission and communicating are done with email. Thi

Being Asuka Langley Soryu in latex costume

I have noticed that most interesting thing in my photos and in my blog has been my Asuka Langley Soryu costume (by Andromeda Latex). Because I have felt that some people would like to see me doing only Asuka cosplay and posing in pictures with the costume I decided to write something about the costume. I also tell why I don't do only Asuka cosplay and why I do it quite rarely. I noticed that there hasn't been very much photos of the suit on my blog after my old review so I decided to put some photos here from the past years. I hope it covers some demand of seeing more about the suit as well as telling a bit more about experiences with it. I have cosplayed Asuka very rarely. It's not that I wouldn't like to do it but there are many reasons which I tell later on this article. General thoughts and some history of my Asuka costume Being Asuka feels fun. Well, I'm not a performer or actor so "being" sounds a bit too much. Let's just say that I love the look

Movies: Rubbers Ou Onna (Japan, 2010)

It was many years back when I found a mention about this movie on some website. There was a sho rt br iefing about the movie and it said the movie tells about a young woman who ha s a latex fetish . Of course I got interested about the movie and trie d to get i t in my hands as soon as possible. I had my prejudices regarding t he movie. Always when I had heard about a woman and latex clothing being in same movie it had been a fetish sex film or some short scene in a movie where some sexy bimbo wears PVC pants and makes i t excessive and a joke. I was very happy to find out that this movie wasn't a joke. It w as exactly what I had wished for a long time. Rubbers ou onna movie cover. Rubbers Ou Onna (also sometimes: "Rabâzu: Oou onna") is a japanese movie from year 2010. It's in japanese language. I didn't have an opportunity to watch the movie with subti tles or dub. Therefore my review is based on my own feelings and to things I saw in the movie. So